Wednesday, March 14, 2012

MAC Viva Glam 2012: Nicki Minaj Lipstick

                                               (photo courtesy of MAC Cosmetics, 2012, promotional image)




For MAC's 2012 Viva Glam campaign Nicki Minaj and Ricky Martin will be the featured representatives.  Nicki is featuring a lipstick exclusive to the Viva Glam collection, while Ricky is featuring the MAC lip conditioner.


The Viva Glam Nicki lipstick is described by MAC as a  "bright yellow pink" and has a satin finish.


To me the color is a more florescent version of a hot bubblegum pink.  It's AWESOME and NOT the same as the MAC Nicki Minaj Pink Friday lipstick that was previously released.







MAC lipsticks with the satin finish are VERY drying on my lips and usually leave my lips looking like a peeling, scaly mess even when I use a lip primer, so I searched for the PERFECT gloss that would match this shade.  Here is the look combined with a gloss:


Here is a direct comparison, directly below this caption is the lipstick only, and the second photo down is with the gloss added:

 Overall, I really love this lipstick, it's a fun color and unique, and you HAVE to love that 100% of the profits from the Viva Glam Nicki lipstick and the lip conditioner go to the MAC AIDS fund for those affected by HIV/AIDS.  It doesn't get much better than that, folks!


WARNING:  This color is so bright and electric that I strongly advise to wear a "full face" of make up when wearing this lipstick!  I have tried wearing it with minimal make up, or even just basic foundation and mascara and have found that I personally felt a little bit silly and adolescent and felt much better and more confident when I wore it will full face make up and something more defined on the eyes.  That's just my take however, and I am sure plenty of people will feel great rocking this alone!  ;)


MAC Viva Glam Lipstick:  $14.50
MAC Viva Glam Lip Conditoner:   $15.00


These will be sold at MAC counters, MAC Pro stores, and maccosemtics.com until February of 2013 when we meet the next Viva Glam representatives!!!


P.S. - I will be doing a separate post on the lipgloss worn here and the overall look in these photos!!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post, thank you so much! Very informative. I love your blog

    ReplyDelete